Discover the OLM Advantage
With a tradition of excellence in Catholic education dating back to 1951, Our Lady of Mercy School offers its students an opportunity to grow and thrive in a nurturing, faith-based, values driven community. Designed to build a solid academic foundation and encourage community service, creative thinking, respect for life, and a thirst for life-long learning, the OLM Advantage prepares students to meet the challenges they will face in high school and beyond. Discover the OLM Advantage:
- OLM offers a tradition of excellence in Catholic elementary and middle school education.
- OLM promotes the academic, spiritual and emotional development of each child.
- OLM students are the top performers on the high school placement test.
- OLM’s 8th grade students historically score in the proficient or above proficient range in all subject areas on the Terra Nova standardized test. In 2014, 83% of OLM’s students scored in the proficient or above proficient range in reading, and 81% of students in scored in the proficient or above proficient range in science, as compared to 27% and 30% nationally.
- OLM is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- OLM teachers, who promote intellectual curiosity and instill a love of learning in their students, are state certified.
- OLM Science Olympiad Team is a six-time state champion and two-time state runner-up.
- OLM offers a progressive robotics programs for students of all ages.
- OLM athletes compete in the Catholic Athletic League in boys’ and girls’ cross country, basketball and co-ed soccer. The OLM Boys’ Cross Country Team has won two State CAL Championships and last year’s soccer team was the State CAL Co-Champion.
- OLM’s many extra-curricular activities and clubs enhance the educational experience of the students.
- OLM is blessed with a joyful, supportive community of parents invested in the education of their children.